January 9, 2015
At the time of my cancer diagnosis, I was 36 years old running one of the largest natural healthcare clinics in the country and as many of you know, success is usually accompanied by a neurotic- obsessive work ethic. On some level this was good and was necessary, however, it drove me to a place where I could no longer “turn my brain off.” I basically woke up and went to bed consumed with every aspect of my clinic. I was seeing a positive difference and change in the lives of my patients, which drove me to work harder. I was on a mission to help reach as many sick, hurting people as possible. I was in a great place professionally and then my real growth and journey began….
The summer of 2009 I started to notice a small growth on the upper part of my back. It had been itching for weeks and was pretty hard to detect at first. It was an irritant to me and I remember thinking it was the most annoying ingrown hair or mole to exist. I figured it would eventually just go away, but over the next year it grew to the size of a quarter and was about a ½ inch in height. While I was slightly concerned, I was more disgusted with the appearance of it and decided I needed to get it removed. I assumed my body was just fighting something off and was doing exactly what it should do in order to heal, but I went to a dermatologist because I wanted to have it removed. The day of the appointment, the growth was removed and cauterized. With great concern, the dermatologist insisted on sending it in for a biopsy. I agreed to this and left the office with little concern. My body was strong and I trusted that I was going to be just fine. However, over the next two months my health began to decline quickly. I had no energy, could not sleep and was not able to digest foods properly. I started receiving calls from my dermatologist on a regular basis telling me it was imperative I call him back. I’ll admit that I began to get scared. I didn’t want to know, but after weeks of persistent phone calls, I finally answered. The result: Ulcerated Malignant Melanoma, Nodular type, Breslow’s Thickness 7.0mm, an extremely aggressive form of cancer. I was told that this was the 4th deadliest form of cancer and that I was considered to be in the advanced stages. My prognosis was shattering; I was told this was “lethal” if I did not begin aggressive conventional treatments. Unfortunately, the cauterization of the growth had caused my cancer to spread more rapidly which is why I had such an aggressive decline in my health.
In my case the cancer had spread into my lymphatic chain causing the lymph nodes in my right armpit to be severely swollen and sore. My liver was distended and could be seen through my shirt. The liver is a common metastatic site, especially once the cancer had spread to the lymphatic system. I also think my stomach was affected due to my inability to eat or digest food. I no longer had any appetite and when I did force it down I would get extremely sick. I had lost about 20 lbs in 2 months.
I had no interest in treating the “myth of cancer” with poison. You cannot poison yourself into health. This is a LAW. You don’t get sick from a lack of chemicals. The cause is not a chemical deficiency therefore the “cure” cannot be chemical based. Remember, cancer does not make you sick, cancerous cells develop because you are already sick. The last thing you need if you are sick is more stress and damage to your immune system and supporting organs. One thing I knew to be certain was this: cancer is a symptom of a greater problem, rather than a disease. It is a “dis-ease”. This is a chiropractic term meaning the body is not at ease. Very simply stated, there is interference. I had been living an extremely healthy lifestyle for over a decade, so what had caused me to build abnormal cells in the first place? Where was the interference? God does not need any help healing us, He just needs no interference. Maybe that sounds way too simplistic, especially when staring into the eyes of a cancer diagnosis, but just like faith in God, it is really that easy. God made our bodies to heal and trusting in this basic, fundamental health principle I knew I had to find the interference and remove it.
My first plan of action was to make sure my nerve system was completely clear. I knew if something had been missed or there was any nerve interference I would never fully heal or recover. I immediately scheduled an appointment with a spinal correction specialist/Chiropractor in Florida. He was able to do a full neurological assessment to determine if there was any damage to my spine and nerve system. What he found brought incredible clarity as to why my healthy lifestyle had not been enough to keep me well. I had an Alar Ligament tear on C1. The atlas, or C1, is the top bone of the spine and protects vital nerves and lower brainstem. This is the same area where Christopher Reeves injured his spine and the results were deadly. One of the reasons this injury is so lethal is based on the fact it can often times involve the Vagus nerve. Vagus is Latin for “wandering,” and it is an accurate description of this nerve. This nerve has an essential function involving immune organs, the immune reaction and the body’s capacity to manage and battle infectious/inflammatory disease.
The next step in my journey to recovery was seeking out aggressive care to support my body. Because my “cancer” had metastasized I knew there were limitations of matter that were at stake. I had heard of a doctor by the name of Raymond Hilu in Spain. Dr. Hilu’s specialty was cellular medicine. It is the morphological examination of the human blood. It uses more than 60,000 magnifications in order to discover any disarray originating from the core of the person. Dr. Hilu was not looking to treat my “cancer” and neither was I. His protocols are designed to support the body rather than submitting it to clinical trials or toxic/damaging conventional treatments. Remember, cancer is a symptom, and it has a root cause. The cause is never, under any circumstance, a lack of toxic chemicals. His blood cell analysis gives him information on what was interfering and allowed him to design a protocol specific to my body. Dr. Hilu’s analysis showed that my body was in metabolic acidosis. This was the breading-ground for a host of problems including the cancerous growth. My liver was into toxic overload, blood was micro-clotting, crystallization of blood protein, parasitic infection, poor circulation, adrenal stress, and autoimmune behavior (white blood cells attacking healthy cells instead of abnormal cells). The body is very sensitive to pH, especially the blood. The slightest deviation from the norm is deadly. According to his evaluation, my degenerative aggressivity was at a 9.5 on a scale of 0 to 10 (healthiest to sickest). His concern level was to the point of life or death over the next few weeks. I was told there was “no need for theatrics”, I was in major crisis and each day forward would be critical.
My care plan consisted of 7 key components to correct the imbalance in my body: Hyperthermia, ozone, papimi electromagnetic therapy, bio-catalitic oxygenation, bio detoxification and supplementation. I must reiterate, this care was not treating cancer, but rather removing interference and helping to support my body in regaining homeostasis or balance. The greatest doctor is on the inside. I spent the next six weeks learning, healing and going through a powerful process with Dr. Hilu and his entire team. I really began to appreciate more than ever how blessed I was and that God programmed me for life and abundance and not sickness or disease.
Today I am cancer-free, alive and well and chasing after my vision and dream, which is bringing Elevation Health Core 4 strategies to humanity so it can experience the gift of innate, God-given healing and full life potential.
Dr. Randy Johns, Elevation Health Co-Founder
Igniting the healthcare revolution, one community at a time
January 8, 2015
The Webster Technique Definition:
The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation and or sacroiliac joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is improved.
The theoretical and clinical framework of the Webster Technique in the care of pregnant women is that sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia). Dystocia is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. The correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia.
In this clinical and theoretical framework, it is proposed that sacral misalignment may contribute to these three primary causes of dystocia via uterine nerve interference, pelvic misalignment and the tightening and torsion of specific pelvic muscles and ligaments. The resulting tense muscles and ligaments and their aberrant effect on the uterus may prevent the baby from comfortably assuming the best possible position for birth.
The presentation of this definition and hypothesis to obstetricians, medical doctors and osteopathic physicians, as well as midwives, and scientists ensures that they understand that Webster Technique does not encroach upon the practice of obstetrics.
Birth Trauma and its implications for neuromotor development
- Sacher from Biedermann’s textbook…
“When considering injuries and dysfunctions of the spine and its associated structures, the significance of birth trauma is often underestimated and the resulting symptoms frequently misrepresented. The consequences of trauma to the baby during birth and in the months immediately preceding and following the birth are thus of concern not only to GYNS and pediatricians, but also to practitioners of Manual Therapy in a wide range of specialties who have begun to study the risks associated with pregnancy and delivery.
In conclusion, each mode of delivery contains its own specific risks to the upper cervical region, irrespective of the presence of additional risk factors. Additional risk factors for the development of cranio-cervial blockages in infancy could be assumed in more than two-thirds of all symptomatic infants. “
Birthing interventions and the newborn cervical spine
- Ritzmann (German OB/Gyn)
“We begin to understand how vulnerable the structure of the newborn cervical spine is. Further insight into this complex problem will surely influence the way we regard birthing. Giving birth under water or in a squatting position , for example alters the stress exerted on the cervical spine. Not to disturb the rhythm and the intimacy of giving birth is an important issue in reducing the incidence of arrested births and therefore the risk of damage to the newborn. These are just two of the many areas where the work of obstetricians intersect with the work of those engaged in manual therapy.
”Manual Therapy in Children” Heiner Biedermann http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780443100185
Most Important Times to Check Infant for Subluxations:
1– Right after birth
2- When starting to pick up head while on belly
3–At onset of crawling
4-As child begins to sit
5-When first learns to stand
6-During initial walking stages
“Must Have” ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
Books by Dr. Robert Mendelsohn:
- Male Practice: How Doctors Manipulate Women, ISBN 0809257211
- How To Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor, NTC/Contemporary Publishing Company, ISBN 0809249952
- Confessions of a Medical Heretic by Dr Robert Mendelsohn, ISBN 0809277263
- com- ‘The Child Who Never Sits Still’, —Robert Mendelsohn, MD
Books by Neil Z. Miller:
- Vaccine Safety Manual for Concerned Families and Health Practitioners, 2nd Edition: Guide to Immunization Risks…
- Vaccines Are They Really Safe and Effective?
- Immunization Theory Vs. Reality: Expose on Vaccinations
- Immunizations: The People Speak!: Questions, Comments, and Concerns About Vaccinations
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective?: A Parent’s Guide to Childhood Shots
Books by Dr. Mayer Eisenstein:
By Harris Coulter:
- A shot in the dark
Information provided by: Dr. Dan Yachter
Next: “Raising Up The Next Generation ~ Building The Vision
December 12, 2014
Before Elevation Health chiropractic care, I was suffering from high blood pressure and severe lower back pain. It was also hard for me to bend and stand up straight.
I always believed that chiropractors were just someone you went to when you hurt yourself on the job or in an accident.
Initially, all the information I learned sounded good to me because I believe in the God-given ability of our bodies to self-heal.
My lower back pain is now gone and I have more mobility, my blood pressure is normal and I have stopped taking all my medications. My vision is now getting better as well.
I would tell my family and friends that chiropractic applies to the wellness of the entire body and everyone should get checked for subluxations.
September 24, 2014
Elevation Health patient, Plantation, Fl.
December 10, 2014
REASONS FOR PRESENT CESAREAN RATE:
- Dystocia or failure of labor to progress (31% of cesareans): pelvic opening too small for the baby; birth canal too small for the baby; contractions irregular or not intense enough to dilate the cervix.
- Breech presentation (12% of cesareans): baby emerging feet or buttocks first.
- Repeat cesarean (31% of cesareans): mother has previously given birth by cesarean.
- Fetal distress (5% of cesareans): baby is shown to have abnormal heartbeat pattern with fetal monitoring, and diagnosis is confirmed by fetal scalp blood pH testing.
- Other (21%) of cesareans): maternal illness such as diabetes or heart disease, active herpes, or medical emergencies such as placenta previa or prolapsed cord.
***There are several reasons for emergency C-sections. The umbilical cord becomes pinched, limiting the baby’s supply of oxygen; the placenta separates before the birth, also cutting off oxygen to the baby; doctors detect abnormalities in the baby’s heartbeat with fetal monitoring equipment; or the woman’s uterus ruptures. An unplanned but non-emergency C-section is not as rushed. They happen most often when labor goes on too long or simply stops. Sometimes doctors will give drugs to try and dilate the cervix enough for the baby to pass through the vaginal canal. They can also try using vacuum extraction or forceps, but those come with some risk of neurological damage to the baby.
International Cesarean Awareness Network Fact Sheet
When a cesarean is necessary, it can be a life-saving technique for both mother and infant. One in four births is a cesarean, with some hospitals reporting as high as one in two. This represents a 400% increase in less than 15 years. This cesarean rate increase has not led to an improvement in the infant mortality and morbidity rates but instead has put mothers and babies at greater risk. Rates began to fall in the mid-1990s, but are rising again in the new millennium.
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) is safer for both mother and infant, in most cases, than is routine repeat cesarean, which is major surgery.
- The risk to your infant from the very low incidence of uterine rupture (less than 1%) is much less than the risk to your infant from respiratory distress as a result of a scheduled cesarean.
- One-half of all cesarean women suffer complications, and the maternal mortality rate is at least two to four times that of women with vaginal births. Approximately 180 women die annually in the United States from elective repeat cesareans.
- Many indications for cesarean can and should be questioned, including cephalopelvic disproporton (CPD or baby too big, pelvis too small), dystocia, failure to progress, breech, etc.
- According to the World Health Organization, “Countries with some of the lowest perinatal mortality rates in the world have cesarean rates of less than 10%. There is no justification for any region to have a rate higher than 10-15%.”
- This information is found in well-respected medical journals and government publications including the National Institute of Health (NIH) task force report on cesarean childbirth published in 1982.
- The International Cesarean Awareness Network, ICAN, founded as Cesarean Prevention Movement in 1982, has chapters, individuals, an international newsletter (The Clarion), e-mail newsletter and website ready to give you support and information. http://www.ican-online.org/pregnancy/cesarean-fact-card
**Maternal Care Resources to Prevent Malpresentation, Dystocia and C-section:
- Mother becomes educated about baby positioning early in pregnancy: “belly mapping”: http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping
- Mother becomes educated about her sedentary positions that affect baby positioning:
- Mother becomes educated about specific chiropractic care throughout pregnancy
Does Chiropractic Care Contribute to Safer, Easier Births by Decreasing the Potential for Dystocia, Mal-position and C-section?
Theoretical and clinical observations:
- As the Sacro-iliac joint is mobilized…Normal tone is restored to the smooth muscles that are blended into the broad ligament (affecting round and utero-sacral ligaments)
- Proprioceptor activity is restored
- Nerve system stress is reduced enhancing muscle function
- Pelvic balance is enhanced
- Parasympathetic activity is enhanced (nerve system is relaxed)…therefore: aberrant tension on the lower portion of the uterus, nerve interference is eliminated and normal muscle tone and function is restored. This may be reducing the causes of dystocia as defined by William’s Obstetrics.
Information Provided by Dr. Dan Yachter
Join us next week for: “The Webster Technique”